No siree, it's a cappuccino cupcake......
Cake:125g self-raising flour
125g soft unsalted butter
125g golden caster sugar (I only had regular and they came out ok)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 heaped tablespoon instant expresso
2-3 tablespoons milk
Icing:160g white chocolate
120g sour cream
260g icing sugar, sieved
cocoa powder, to dust
1. Preheat oven to 200c
2. Put all the cake ingredients (except the milk) into a bowl and combine.
3. mix again adding the milk to form a batter.
4.spoon into the paper cases in the muffin tin and cook for about 20 minutes.
5.once the sponge is springing back leave in the tin for 5 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
6. for the icing, melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave or bain marie.
7. after it cools slightly, stir in the sour cream.
8. gradually beat in the icing sugar.
9. if the consistancy isn't right add either hot water to thin or more icing sugar to thicken.
10. once the topping is ready spoon over your cupcakes and dust over a little cocoa powder
note to bakers...
my chocolate and butter curdled and I thought I was doomed so I angrily threw the mixture away, went back out to the shops to replace the ingredients (cursing Nigella along the way...well it is her recipe). I repeated the process adding a little sour cream at a time and the same thing happened, after lots more cursing and almost crying, I kept beating it and eventually it was ok.so beware and don't give up!
also I spooned the frosting on a little at a time, until it looked like a little cup of coffee.
Can anyone help? I am trying to post comments on peoples blogs but the system will not let me! it links me back to signing in and then just will not let me do it! frustrated to say the least!!!! arggggggggggggggg....