Thursday 14 July 2011

Vintage tea party

I have a confession...I am addicted to vintage cups and saucers suddenly (oh and serving tongs, sugar tongs etc, etc...).
 Before I could happily admire them from a far, but since deciding that I am going to have the odd tea party with all the ladies I want vintage, vintage, vintage! I have been in every second hand shop that I can get to, ebay, asking friends and family to look out...it has to stop because we don't have the space!

Anyway, I had a tea party last saturday ...so here's what I have been purchasing...







This is what my little table looked like.....


My ma loaned me her beautiful table cloth, which is now tea stained :(

I also had a  table of cakes to gorge on.........




chocolate fugde cake


scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam


lemon sponge cake with lemon curd and fresh cream infused with vanilla pod seeds.....if anyone wants the recipe just let me know!

Along with the vintage china, cakes and tea I also decorated the tables with flowers cut from our garden. I placed them in little jam jars with ribbon tied around the necks.




It was a busy day, but well worth all the work.although I couldn't have done it all without my mama (you can always rely on your mum).
( Helene I only wished that you could have been here!)

2 comments:

  1. How fab, I love a tea party!! I've been busy collecting vintage china too, isn't lovely?

    I think you should do a blog post with the recipe for that lemon sponge, it looks gorgeous!!

    S x

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree, I would like to see a post with the lemon sponge recipe too please, it looks gorgeous!

    Your vintage tea things are so pretty, I have a plain white set with gold edging that my nan gave to me, it was her engagement present when she married my grandad so I love the history of it. I really want one of those tall domes youve got the scones in (cloche?). You are an amazing baker, I don't know how you do it, having a little one too.

    Nicki xx

    ReplyDelete