Recipe taken from marks and spencers ' biscuits and macaroons' recipe book.
110g Caster sugar
35g Self Raising flour
100g Plain flour
1 Tablespoon custard powder
220g Raspberry jam
160g desiccated coconut
55g Caster Sugar
2 Eggs, beaten Lightly
1. Preheat oven to 180c and grease and line a 20 x 30 cm retangular tin.
2. Beat the butter, sugar and egg in a bowl until it turns light and fluffy.
3. stir in the sifted flour and custard powder.
4. Spread the dough into the tin and then spread the jam on top ( make sure you stir the jam before spreading, as it needs to be runny to spread over the dough) .
5. place the topping ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.
6. sprinkle over the jam ( they say sprinkle but it's too wet to sprinkle, so I placed it on top of the jam and spread it with a fork).
7. Place in the oven and bake for 40 mins.
Make sure you use the correct size tin as I used a 20 x 20 tin and it took longer to bake!!
I think you could use any jam you fancy.....maybe something like blueberry or apricot.
Enjoy your weekend.x