My little blog is somewhere for me to come and be creative and it's so lovely to know that you are there following me along the way.
I thought I would celebrate with a good old fashioned traditional victoria sponge with a little twist of a filling!!
4 eggs, weighed in their shells
butter or margarine
self raising flour
the above 3 ingredients should weigh the same as the weight of the 4 eggs in shells!
(if you want smaller cakes make with 3 eggs and the same weight again in the sugar, butter and flour).
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix together the sugar and butter /marg until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the vanilla extract and beat.
3. Add the eggs and lightly beat.
4. Now sift in the flour and stir into the mixture until well combined.
5. Poor the mixture into 2 tins lined with greaseproof paper and place into the oven at 180c.
6. Bake for approx 20 minutes.
I filled the middle with a layer of strawberry jam and a layer of mascapone cheese (the mascapone stops it from becoming too sweet).
the topping is icing sugar mixed with water and pink food colouring.