Tuesday 20 December 2011

Little iced trees....

Having leftover frosting from my mince pies I thought I would put it to good use.I can't bare throwing it away. The trouble is I can never juddge how much to put on each cake/pie. I either have loads left over or some cakes are frostingless :(
 As I am not very skilled with the ol piping bag I discovered by accident on my last lot of cakes that if I use the star nozzle and just push down and not around the icing looked liked little christmas trees, so today I thought-why not make little cupcakes topped with frosted christmas trees.
So here they are.......





I used sugarpaste to make the hearts ....


The butterflies and baubles are from the dr oetkers range....



I added a little sparkle with some pearl lastre dust....






They were fun to make and eat!
Wednesday tomorrow.....only 4 more days and nights and then santa will be here!!





No comments:

Post a Comment