Saturday 25 August 2012

Summer days

Please Mr Sunshine don't leave us!

I have been making the most of the sun the past week or two, my pale white skin has even turned a little shade darker.
I have been out every day with Harrison, either walking along the river lee or just going for a run around in the park.

My husband is crazy on fishing, so a lake walk or two is the norm for our little family walks....


 
We've seen lots of wild flowers.....
 

 
 
 
When we're not out exploring the world and it's beauties....
 

 
we're exploring head wear. This season Harrison will mostly be wearing hats...but only indoors...never outdoors!
He's quite inventive. It doesn't have to be a 'proper' hat, the possibilities are endless.....
 
 
 
A mixing bowl.....
 
  
 
Straw basket..... Anything goes!
 
What fun it is to be a child, no set ways or preconceptions, just a little sponge, soaking up everything new in the universe.
 
 
 
I've been trying to pick some blackberries in the hope of making something tasty, but I have acquired more nettle stings on arms and feet than fruit I am sad to say. In fact one bag I picked, I dropped on the floor on the way back, but didn't realise until I was home. I did find them the next day when walking back, but they were a little squashed!
 
 
 
 I also found this little beauty, I was stalking the bushes for flowers and wild life to photograph and I came across this little bubble that someone must have blown down in the breeze and attached itself to a stalk. It was sitting there reflecting the world in all it's glory.
 
 
Harrison has discovered that water melon is lovely after a long walk....
 
That's all from me for now.
I hope you are enjoying the sun too, sorry if this post was a little random, but that's how this week has been.
x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment