Monday 16 July 2012

Forgive me....

....For I am a terrible blogger! where have I been you may ask? (or you may not, as I have probably lost your interest from lack of blogging).

I am not sure where to start.....Last time we spoke was just after easter and now, well now it's mid July, shame on me. If you are still popping by,a big thank you!

O.K, first I'll begin with partly why I have been absent. Love Lily Dot is to blame...it is taking up a lot of my time and eventhough I love it, it's so time consuming that I neglect other things like 'A day with Doris'...poor Doris she has been slung to the way side, but today she comes alive again...alive to regain contact with all you bloggers who have stuck by her and any lovely bloggers that have recently joined.

So a couple of weekends ago I had my first summer fayre stall, selling' Love Lily Dot'. It was quite a mad rush, I had two and a halfweeks to make a stall full of stuff!

I have an issue when it comes to self belief...one day i feel capable, the next I'm questioning why I am bothering.So this was great because I didn't have to question, I just had to get on with it.
It was only the night before when I asked myself what the hell did I think I was doing. Why would anyone buy my things?
Anyway here's what it looked like.....






















As you can see, the sun was shining, luckily as I had nothing to protect my things from the rain. The odd thing or ten blew off of the table, but nothing I couldn't send my ma running after! She was of course my side kick and moral support as ever.

As people go, I am a shy one. I am happy in my own space, doing my own thing. Stick me in a room full of people and I clamp up. Stick me on a stall selling my wares and hey, you have a recipe for disaster. Not total disaster, but it's going to take me a couple of these fairs to get my confidence.

 It may be a slow road with Love Lily Dot, but I am determined to stick by and make it work.
On the day of the fayre, I saw two girls across from my stand wearing my accessories that they had  purchased earlier that day and every minute of my hard work felt worth while, even if I had only made a couple of kids take home something they would love.
Infact I have booked myself another stand for the 12th August, so I am busy working on some new items and re making what was sold.

This is just the begining...more posting tomorrow...honest!






No comments:

Post a Comment